Share Your TALENT.
What does North Dakota Spirit mean to you?
- Is it the excitement in the air as students return to class?
- Is it the professor who inspired you to follow your dreams?
- Is it the spot on campus where you spent hours studying?
- Is it the roar of the crowd as you cheer on UND?
- Is it the heritage of the ND people and continuation of rich traditions?
- Or, is it the lifelong friends you made as part of the UND community?
Show what North Dakota Spirit means to you by contributing your artistic interpretation to the Spirit Art Showcase & Silent Auction.
As part of the 2013 North Dakota Spirit Week, your artwork will help support North Dakota Spirit |The Campaign for UND in the area of the arts.
The Spirit Showcase & Art Auction will be held in conjunction with the University's 2013 Spirit Week celebration. Spirit Week honors the generosity of our alumni and friends in making UND the exceptional institution it is. This year's focus will be on the arts with an art showcase, silent art auction and a Text2Pledge program that encourages monetary gifts to UND's music department.
The Spirit Showcase will feature artistic works created by UND students, faculty, staff, alumni, and friends in a variety of mediums. Artists and guests will be invited to attend the Spirit Showcase & Art Auction. They will be treated to complimentary hors d'oeuvres while viewing and bidding on artwork inspired by artistic interpretations of what North Dakota spirit means. A portion of each piece's selling price will be gifted back to the North Dakota Spirit Campaign in the area of the arts.
• All submissions must portray the artist's interpretation of North Dakota Spirit.
• A minimum of 40% earned for each piece will be retained as a donation to North Dakota Spirit | The Campaign for UND. Artists can contribute a larger portion or keep the remaining 60% of the final price.
•The Spirit Showcase & Silent Art Auction is open to:
Greater Grand Forks community members
• All work must be original and no more than two years old. Artists may submit multiple pieces.
• All submissions must be appropriate to the theme and respectful in nature. The Spirit Week Committee reserves the right to refuse entries based on their appropriateness to the University's mission and the goals of North Dakota Spirit | The Campaign for UND.
• Artists are responsible for the following costs: all artwork materials, shipping and handling of the final piece to/from the Gorecki Alumni Center, and any installation costs.
• Unsold items be will given back to the artists or may be donated to the UND Art Collections.
• Media accepted include:
Ceramics & glass
• Exceptions may be granted as long as the work is permanent, appropriate for sale at a silent auction, and prior approval is provided from the Spirit Week Committee.
Why should YOU participate?
ExposureGain exposure for your artwork among the local art and business community.
Support UND art programs and student scholarships with a minimum of 40% of the selling price for your work(s) going to the North Dakota Spirit Campaign.
Retain up to 60% of the sale price of your work(s).
If you are a current UND student as of February 2013, your work will be eligible for a Best in Show award that will be voted on by the UND community. As the winner of this award, you will receive a $500 scholarship courtesy of the UND Spirit Today Fund.
When should YOU participate?
Wednesday November 21 | Registration Deadline
Brooke Conlin, Associate Director of Alumni Relations & Events
In Person or Mail
Gorecki Alumni Center
Attn: Brooke Conlin
3501 University Ave, Stop 8157
Grand Forks, ND 58202-8157
Friday February 8 | Digital Image Submission
Images will be used to plan the Showcase, promote the event, and to hold voting for the Student Best in Show contest. Work must be shown in complete form. For each submission, include a separate photo that includes the name of the piece, estimated market value, size, medium, and brief explanation of how the piece embodies your interpretation of North Dakota Spirit.
Thursday February 21 • 3 p.m. | Final Piece Submission
Submit your display ready piece to the Gorecki Alumni Center between 8 a.m. – 3 p.m., Thursday, February 21. Further details about the Final Piece Submission will be provided to all registered artists.
Tuesday February 26 • 5 p.m.-7 p.m. | Spirit Showcase Art Auction Event
Gorecki Alumni Center
Attend the event and enjoy complimentary hors d'oeuvres while viewing the art.